CIRCUS OF SOUND

RESEARCH...


When listening to the circus of sound collection it was obvious to see that each song had it's own individual characteristics. With the music playing I began to research and look into different styles of album covers. I also started looking into such things in which the music reminded me of and what I felt it represented.









IDEA...

Each song on the album is very original, and choosing one font to represent all of them would be difficult. So instead I wanted to look into how each song can be represented through the sound-waves they create and patterns that occur.







FIRST ATTEMPT...

The best way to represent each individual song I decided was to characterise the song name and artist into the shapes of it's soundwaves. Here I used Impact font, to help portray solid equalizer bars.

SECOND ATTEMPT...

It was clear to see that my first attempt wasn't successful, as the expression of soundwaves became unclear for some covers, as well as the titles and artists of some covers being unclear also. After playing around a little more with the idea I decided to spread the text across the front and back of the cover, change the font to a more clearer Helvetica type, and represent soundwaves in the most common of forms.